Monday 9 May 2011

That end of year feeling

4.25pm- Hello everyone. I'm back a AC after going to the Open Day at the University of Warwick. I found it really interesting and it really opened my eyes to what life at University will be like. I am excited!  Coming back however has been a slightly strange experience. A lot happens in AC in five days and there's always a feeling of missing out when you're the only one who's been away. I had a great time with my parents whilst in Warwick and so I wouldn't change it, it's just one of the complications of being a local Brit at AC!
    Well I had the results of my first year exams today. Overall they are ok. There were a couple of nice but also unpleasant surprises. Going to Warwick has made me very determined and focused to do my best over the coming year. The work has started already.... I have just completed an E Systems Pracital, have another to do tomorrow and have my History Internal Assesment to complete by the end of term. I'm preparing for my EE too and am also enjoying being with friends for the final couple of weeks before the end.
    Today is supposedly and EE preparation day. I met my tutor earlier and we discussed deadlines etc. She then said to concentrate on the IA and so that is what I am doing. Teachers and students alike are talking about the end of the year - shows, travel arrangements and tasks to complete. There is a real sense of things winding up and I'm not sure if I like it!
     Hope all is well. It's lovely to be back here with everyone- it's like coming home. Love to all.