Sunday 29 August 2010

Back from Camp

Last night we returned to AC from the Camp in Pembrokeshire. It was fun but also very tiring. Amongst the activities we did were coastearing, archery, games, surfing and a five hour walk from the camp to St. David's along the coastal path. It was beautiful and my group completed it in record time! When we got back to PK there was literally a race for the showers! I am so glad to be back! 
   Today is a rest day with very limited activities. We have some introductions to 'lounges' and then we have a meeting with our tutour to discuss our timetable. Lessons start tomorrow. I really want to get into a routine and meet my classmates and also to find out which service I will be doing. I am having lots of fun here but last night a couple of us got very homesick (I think it was the feeling of being wet and dirty for four days!). We all feel so much better today and I think it was the exhaustion that made us emotional. I also missed Dad's Birthday and for a time I just wanted to be back home with people I know and love. It is really good because however you're feeling you can usually find someone who is feeling exactly the same. Well, as it is Sunday we have brunch in the dining hall. The second years have already left their dorms as brunch is the food highlight of their week!  Am going to go and find out for myself!