Monday 30 August 2010

Wow!!

Well, today is the first day of lessons and I have finished academic subjects for today. I got up at 7am, had some breakfast in the dining hall and then first code started at 8am. They call lessons codes as on the timetable you do not have names, just codes for each subject. It is very confusing! First code today was English A1 Higher level. This meant that the majority of the students were British, American or Canadian. We had a brief introduction and read a poem. After assembly (which is for the whole school every Monday) I had Economics. Julian, my personal tutor, is my teacher and so it is really good. I already have a gigantic text book which I will keep for the whole two years. After that we had a coffee break and prep for the British National Evening next Sunday. All the Brits gather together to introduce something about our country.  Following break I had History in a classroom which has to be the best classroom in the castle! My Hungarian teacher is wonderful and has taught here for 13 years. I am so excited for the History course. The course is very tough and the examinations are challenging, but the periods of European history we will study are fascinating. We then had Approaches to Learning with Tristian, the Vice Principal. This was interesting and explores various ways in which to learn and gain knowledge. I am in the library at the moment and will be going to a Service meeting back at PK in a minute. We will discuss with our tutors which service to take and then it will be arranged who can do what. I am trying to get to Llantwit sometime today as I need fruit and a paper hole punch! I am eating some fruit but I want some in my dorm to eat whenever I want. The food is great on a Monday- meat free Monday. Well, I had better go but I have really enjoyed my first day of lessons and it has actually been the best day so far. I finally feel that I am at school and not a summer camp! The sun is shining and the whole campus looks beautiful. Bye for now!