Monday 6 December 2010

The beginning of the end

8.30am- Well here it is, the last week of my first term at AC. I can't believe where the time has gone! I am able to write this as I do not have English this morning. I still got up to have breakfast however we did have a bit of a lie in. This weekend was great but quite tiring. It is strange that not doing much is so tiring! Saturday we went in to Llantwit, did some shopping and had tea in a tearoom. It was very relaxing and a great way to get ready for the Christmas party. Everyone looked  amazing at the party and it was a lot of fun. My date was great! PK's party was held in The Great Hall in the castle and so it was lovely and 'Christmasy'. I ended up taking my heels off around half way down and spent the rest of the night barefoot. We had a three course buffet meal, songs and lots of laughs. Check-in was 12am and so that made it even better.
    Sunday morning we all slept quite late before going down to brunch. After that we spent the rest of the day chatting and relaxing. Last night there was a candlelit carol service in the church, which I really enjoyed. After that we ate the PK Christmas cake. It was decorated by a couple of students and looked really good. It tasted good too! It is my houseparent's Birthday today and so we may have more cake later too.
    Well I am going to pop back to PK before assembly at 9am. It is Neil's last assembly and so will be very sad. Love to everyone and see you in 4 days!