Friday 3 December 2010

Friday!

8.30am- Morning everyone! I have first code free today which makes Friday even better! I have just had breakfast so I popped up to the library before Econ starts at 9. We have under a week left at school until we go home. Everyone will finish exams today, so there will be a great atmosphere on campus. I had a really relaxing day yesterday.  After lessons a group of us from PK went in to Llantwit to do some shopping. When we got back we wrapped the presents for our Secret Santas, which made me very excited for Christmas. We then made Danish rye bread and ate Danish pastries for Open House. My Danish dormie said they were not real Danish pastries but they tasted good to me! I now love rye bread and see why all the Scans complain about ours so much!
         This weekend is going to be so good. Tonight we are having a PK girlie night in (around 6 of us). We are going to cook pasta with lots and lots of veg. We bought all the veg we miss from home! After that we are going to watch "Love Actually" (keeping to the Christmas theme). Tomorrow is then the Christmas party. Each house has a separate party. PK are in the Great Hall in the castle.We all dress up and find out who our "date" is. We then have a meal, go to sosh and basically have a great time. It is going to be so much fun. Before that a couple of us are going in to Cowbridge and will do a little window shopping as a final Christmas treat. When we get back we will help get everything ready (the hall and ourselves!). Check-in tomorrow is 12am. I won't say any more! Sunday will then be time for catching up on our sleep! 
      Yesterday my dormie left to go back to China for Christmas. It is sad that she left a week early and we will miss her. We won't see her for five weeks and that is a very long time when you are used to living with someone everyday. We have Codes until next Wednesday morning and then Thursday will be the big departure day. I don't really see myself writing much on here over the weekend but I think I have given you a good update. Lots of love to everyone and will probably see all of you sometime in the next month!