Monday 29 August 2011

Hectic times...

11am- The First Years arrived a week ago and I feel as though I have hardly stopped. The beginning of last week was a mixture of meeting people, showing them around and making them feel comfortable. As PK Peer Listener I was away on First Year Camp from Tuesday until Friday. I really enjoyed Camp the second time around and I feel that it was a good opportunity to get to know the First Years. I didn't have to do all of the activities, only a coastal walk a couple of times. The rest of the time I had to sort out any problems and try to make sure everyone was happy. It was very tiring but equally enjoyable. By Friday I was ready to return to AC however.  It is a very strange time for the First Years as they have just arrived and some miss home a lot. It seems as though they are settling in well and so I am now concentrating on myself and the work I have to do. I am trying to finish the second draft of my EE in the next couple of days. Normal Codes start on Wednesday and I am looking forward to getting back into a routine. I'm going to work now and might go to the gym later. Love to everyone and I will try to write on here regularly once lessons start again.