Sunday 16 October 2011

Weekend!

2.50pm- Hello everyone! AC life continues to be very busy. I've had a good weekend so I feel ok. I relaxed on campus on Friday night. A group of us snuggled into my bed and watched the film "Boys don't cry" which was very thought-provoking. The film is based on the true story of a girl who suffered and ultimately died because of her sexuality. The violence and suffering shown was quite harrowing and some of my friends found it quite distressing. I'm glad I watched it however and think that others should watch it, although it isn't exactly enjoyable. We watched it as it had already been shown as part of Gender and Sexuality focus week at AC this week. There have been events and discussions organised throughout the week regarding discrimination, equality and issues related to those. I got up quite early yesterday morning to go to the gym and then watched the rugby. Wales lost by one point and many of us couldn't watch the end!  I thought it was a good match and felt very proud of our team. One thing- it now means I will be in Paris when France play in the Rugby World Cup final. Can't wait for that!!  After the match a couple of us decided to "move in" to the library.... to stay there until we had finished our work. Therefore, I left the library at just gone 10pm last night ( about 10 hours after first arriving)! We did have breaks like going to lunch and supper and little walks in between so I wasn't literally in the same room for 10 hours! I managed to achieve a lot in that time so I feel as though it was worth it. This morning I got up to go to the gym and watch the other Semi-Final of the World Cup. I enjoyed seeing some of the match and working out at the same time!  We went to brunch and now I'm back in the library. I have finished my History essay and will now work on French. It is a lovely sunny day here today so I hope to get my work done and get outside later. This evening I will play my flute for a while and attend the Nordic National Evening. As I said, life is busy. This time next week it will be October break and I cannot wait to be in Paris!! Love to all.