Saturday 14 January 2012

The finishing strait

Good morning everyone! This is it- my fourth and last term. I've been back here for almost a week but I've only just had time to sit down and write on here. The first couple of days were filled with lots of hugs and catching up with everyone. I love hearing the strories from break-from Christmas in the States to New Year in Thailand and Australia. On Monday it was straight back into codes and the life of a Second Year IB AC student. ToK essay, Economics and Maths IA's, French oral, History essays.... I'm afraid we Second Years have little sympathy hear the First Years complaining that they have nothing to do! Just you wait, we say! But if I have to work, I can think of no better place I'd rather be. When it's time for a break, there is always someone around for a chat. I was in the PK quiet room on Thursday and the sunset was so beautiful that I ran outside to take photos of the pink sea. Yesterday's sunrise was just as gorgeous. We had the first frost of the year this morning and the grass was glistening on the way to breakfast. Simply beautiful. I will try to put a couple of the photos on here sometime soon.
    Now time for the Uni update. I had my interview at Oxford in early December and got rejected just before Christmas. I was a little disappointed but I expected it. I enjoyed my interviews and the whole application process- passing the HAT and getting an interview are things I will always be proud of. However, even whilst I was in Oxford, I kept thinking of my friends back here at AC enjoying their last couple of days together. I also realized that Oxford was not the place for me. It did not feel 'right'. I kept telling myself and other people that I would wait until I heard from Durham.... and I heard last week. I have an offer!!!!!!! I was ecstatic, happier than I ever would have been about Oxford. I loved Durham when I visited in the summer and I think in the meantime I got carried away with the allure and reputation of Oxford. After the amazing news that I had an offer, I had to wait to find out if I had the college I applied to. I received a letter on Thursday from St.John's! All I have to do now is my IB but I know exactly where I want to go after that!!
   Am going to go to work now. I'm planning on working all day and then relaxing with the PTA tonight. Love to all.