Friday 3 February 2012

For once, PK is not the best house!

9.15am- Morning everyone. I'm afraid PK, the newest and nicest house on campus has let us down. The heating hadn't worked all week but luckily came back on yesterday. It's been very cold outside and not much warmer inside! However, just as it was getting warmer, the water supply stopped. Yesterday morning there was a trail of ice running down Main Drive from the pipe outside PK. The pipe had split in the cold and workmen had to turn off the supply so we have no water. There is a little hot water left in the tank but not much. I had a shower in Gwynedd house last night, which was interesting. Most PK people are experiencing communal showers for the first time. The worst thing for me however, is that I can't get water to drink and I can't make tea! I don't mind going to Morgannwg to brush my teeth but not being able to pop downstairs for a cup of tea is what I miss most! We aren't sure when it will be fixed but we're all fine for now.
    AC Model United Nations is being held this afternoon. I'm representing Libya on the Human Rights Council. Before that I have another interactive French oral. I've prepared so it should be OK. My Econ teacher is unwell so I also have a triple free this morning-great as I can go over French. Love to all.