Thursday 9 February 2012

It's coming....

10.45am- It seems to me as though everything is coming- mocks, Project Week, the IB, Uni... the list goes on. I realise that lately I have been thinking about time and the future a lot. I cannot help it and there are so many things at AC which provoke us to contemplate the future. We are only here for 2 years and for the first time in my life I know for certain that something which has been a huge part of my life will end. Where I live, who I live with and even how I live. But there's nothing I can do about it. In the immediate future we have to think what work do I have? How am I going to fit all of this in? etc. However we're also made to think about far bigger questions regarding the future- what do I want to do in my life? Where and how am I going to do this? I sometimes feel as though I should not 'plan' but then I realise that the things I want to achieve do indeed require some form of planning. For some reason I prefer to say I 'think about things' instead of 'planning things'!
    I am discovering  that life is all about balance. From when to work and when to relax to when to plan and when to take things as they come, it's all about balance. I don't think there will ever be a time when this does not apply. I should therefore thank AC for ensuring I realise this!
    The past couple of days have been hectic. I had full codes on Tuesday and then Service. It was great as always and my Computer Club lady sent me an e mail saying- "you have the most cheeky giggle"! So I replied and said that she was the cheeky one who made me giggle!  I loved my school session yesterday as well. I love working with the children and having tea with the teachers. They give me different things to do- yesterday was organising and giving out the milk and also running the 'Welsh' task. I genuinely feel like a teacher when I'm sitting at my own table with a pile of worksheets, surrounded by children asking ten different questions and calling my name. Trying to see how they're all doing is so hard!! The teacher said they'd like me to go on their next school trip with them if possible. I'll have to see when it is and if I can get time off from AC. It would be great if I could go.
     Maths Project deadline is tomorrow and I think I've finished. I'm not sure as I hear so many different things about the task! I also have a French oral to prepare for and some English work to do. I should really be revising but we'll have to wait and see. I have a flute lesson this afternoon as well. What was I saying about balance?!  Love to all.