Thursday 2 February 2012

Time flies

11.30am- Good morning everyone. I can't believe how quick the days and weeks are passing! I have had a lot of work to do this week, particularly Maths and French. I just had a History test this morning and I think it was OK. Both of my service session were great yesterday and Tuesday. I spent most of Computer Club teaching my lady how to use her mobile phone! It was a lot of fun but I also realise how the younger generation lead a totally different life to elderly people. I think this inevitably causes a divide (of varying severity) in families and ultimately society as well. I love explaining the basics but it makes me realise how alien so many of the concepts used everyday in the media etc. are to a large proportion of the population. This is sadly one of the costs of the incredible technological development which has happened in recent years.  I did not work with my usual class in my school session yesterday as they were on a trip. Instead, I was put with the class above and helped with some art and craft and DT work. It was nice to work with a slightly different age group and it required a different approach. It was far more academic and I needed to be able to teach some harder things! I think I enjoy working with my younger ones and so I'll be back with them next week.  I have a flute lesson this afternoon and then I must practise for the French oral I have tomorrow. I have to roughly plan my days to make sure I allow enough time for different things. We are also voting in the Student Council Elections for the new Chair and Vice-Chair. The speeches were held on Tuesday night and there are some very good candidates for both positions. I'm sure we've seen future politicians and diplomats from all over the world.  Have early lunch and then Econ. It is actually freezing here, and not just outside! We've had some problems with PK heating and it has been very cold in the house. I found my fingerless gloves yesterday because I couldn't write it was so cold. The library is also really cold but that's what you get for studying in a castle I suppose! Will go to read The Guardian now. Love to all.