Saturday 18 February 2012

The life of a Second Year...

6.30pm- I'm afraid the life of a 2nd Year at AC can be very sad at times! It's a Saturday night and I'm sitting in the Uni room in the castle working. The Mocks start on Monday and I am nowhere near ready. Having said that, I don't think anyone is. I've revised since 10am this morning, stopping for lunch and supper. At one point my friend and I ran outside and around the Beast Garden. It was fun and also very refreshing to get out and do something silly. I was invited to go out for quick meal with some other 2nd Years tonight but I had to be disciplined and stay here. I have given myself lots of time off this week so I feel as though I must really work now. Everywhere on campus my co-years are doing the same, which makes me feel a little less miserable! We're all studying tonight whilst watching the 1st Years relax and remembering how nice it used to be. I'm looking forward to Project Week when we can relax and just enjoy spending time with each other for a while. Tomorrow will be pretty much the same as today but I'm meeting my friend at the gym in before Brunch. Tomorrow night is the North American National Evening and so that will be a good break as well. On Monday I only have English, and I have about 2 exams per day after that until the 29th. We're doing all the final exams in just over a week- it usually takes a month! I therefore know that the mocks are not a realistic representation of ourselves. However I don't think it's ever nice to fail!  Am going to work a little on French by reading the Le Monde website ( a sort of working compromise!). Love to all.