Tuesday 27 September 2011

Challenge Camp!

5pm- I survived Challenge Camp in one piece! The Second Year was split into two groups and I was on Camp 1. We went on Friday and came back yesterday. We were taken to the Wye Valley and camped in a beautiful campsite in a wooded valley. We all stayed in tents of about 10. There were bathrooms, but they were heated by solar and so there was only cold water. We were split into groups and had to cook for ourselves with the food provided. Each group had a food box and there was more than enough food. The activities we did were mountain biking, canoeing, survival skills training, rock climbing, orienteering and caving. I never thought I would like caving but I actually enjoyed it. I wouldn't do it again however! Camp was an AC Diploma Period and it continues for the First Years all week. The Second Years have time to work and finish their E.E.s. I have been reading outside in the beautiful sunshine this afternoon with a couple of friends. The campus looks amazing in this weather! Am going to go back to PK before supper. Love to all.