Thursday 3 November 2011

The end of the HAT!

11.20am- Good morning everyone. I sat the HAT yesterday morning and I think it went OK. At least, I do not feel as though it was a disaster! I actually enjoyed it and found it very interesting, but obviously challenging. There is now nothing else I can do in relation to applying to Uni as I am sending my submitted written work in today. All I can do now is wait..... Whatever happens, it has been an interesting experience!
      It does mean that I can now focus on my IB once again.... and specifically my TOK presentation. I have been given the date now (in a couple of weeks) so I'm glad I can prepare in my own time. I'm working with a friend, which is great as we can discuss and bounce ideas off each other as we work. I'm very excited about a lecture I will be going to this evening. Jack Fairweather, a former AC student and now award winning journalist and Harvard professor is going to talk about his new book. The book is called " A War of Choice" and charts the story of Tony Blair's Iraq War. Fairweather was The Telegraph's bureau chief in Baghdad during the war and so it will be fascinating to hear his experiences and opinions. I am also keen to meet him as he studied History at Oxford and then became a journalist..... just what I would love to do!!
     My dorm is on Open House duty this week which means we have to organise and prepare the food for Open House tonight. As it is the week of Halloween and we are having Halloween Sosh tomorrow, we have decided to make Toffee Apples. We will be busy doing that for a while tonight but it should be fun.
     I have TOK next and will see the first TOK presentation in my class. I am keen to see exactly what a TOK presentation will be as I'm still not too sure of exactly what is expected- there seem to be so many conflicting opinions. Love to everyone.