Friday 14 January 2011

Good times!

9.50am- Hello! I am in the library during my double Economics and so I thought I would write a quick hello on here. I had first code free this morning and so we had a nice leisurely breakfast and then did a bit of work. I'm now working on my Econ presentation, which is due in next week. This weekend I have to write my History essay and prepare for a debate on the peace treaties at the end of the First World War. Three of us are representing the US. Yesterday was a great day. After codes I helped bake a cake for my second years' Birthday today. That involved lots of chocolate and icing, which was tasty! We also had a Social Service meeting to discuss a new programme that we can get involved with. We can help out with a programme that works with children in the Vale of Glamorgan who suffer from conditions such as Dyslexia and Dyspraxia. It involves working with the parents and children whose extra support has been taken away in school. Qualified teachers create unique programmes to suit the needs of the child, and their ages can range from 4 to 18. We would be involved in every step of the programme, from the initial assessment to regular sessions with the child. The organisation has not worked with the college before and so we would be part of a trial, I suppose. I am very excited about this as I feel it would incredibly worthwhile and also vital for the young people involved. I hope it works out.
        We also had Open House last night and we all ate food from various countries and watched the Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother on our houseparent's TV. It is strange to be able to watch TV and I realised that I really do not miss it at all.  Last night there was a double Birthday showering in PK and so lots of people came and ate cake and sang Happy Birthday.   As it is Friday we have codes until all day today. Although I do not have E Systems as my teacher isn't here so I get an early, early lunch. Tonight we will go to the pub to celebrate the Birthdays. Tomorrow a Gender and Sexuality conference is being held in the college, with various guest speakers. I think I might pop in to one or two of the sessions if I get time. Sunday will then be WORK all day!    I have just found out my activities for this term and they are what I expected- Ultimate Frisbee and Made in 48 (the Fair Trade group). I am pleased with that.
      Must go- have work to do!  Probably won't write until Monday now. I'm looking forward to the weekend! Love to all.