Thursday 13 January 2011

Work.....and fun

9.25am- Good morning everyone! I am in the computer lab as I have double English and have to work on my oral presentation. Therefore, I am writing on my blog!! I do have work to do- oral presentation in English (for the IB so it's important), an econ presentation, history essay, preparation for a history debate, some maths and probably something else too...!  The topic for the english presentation is Inspiration, a text that has inspired you. I am going to do a poem I once read by Benjamin Zephaniah. I just have to find it on the internet, which I am doing now.  I have Econ after break, then early lunch. I like Thursdays. I am determined to work now and then relax later. Last night was a nice combination of chatting and working. At times it was probably more chat than work. 
     I have a meeting later today for Social Service. I have only had one service session this week and so it will probably start properly next week. I think activities start then too.  We have Open House later and people have bought food from their home countries. I forgot but we are in Wales and I think people have probably had enough Welsh cakes for one term! This week I have already had, among others, Turkish sweets, Kazakh bread, Chinese sweets and Finnish chocolate. Just one of the privileges of being an AC student- international food.
     Really had better make a start on the work. Love to everyone from rainy, misty but still wonderful AC.