Sunday 9 January 2011

New year, same great AC!

5pm- Hello everyone! I'm back!!   I came back to AC yesterday and have had an amazing time seeing everyone and hearing about Christmas all around the world.  I had a great month at home and it was lovely to see all of my family and friends. Of course I will miss them but I have plenty to look forward to here and lots of things to keep me busy. This term is very long- we don't break up until May! I feel unbelievably fortunate to be able to say I am happy in both of my worlds. The two parts of my life are very different but I am so lucky that I have amazing friends and experience unique and special things in both of them.
     I arrived yesterday evening and it has been a continuous cycle of screams, hugs and lots of laughter ever since. I have realised that a month is actually a long time not to see people but also that it can feel like I saw them all yesterday. There is a strange combination of feeling like we have never been apart and then realising that we have all lead completely different lives in all corners of the globe for the past 4 weeks. I feel privileged to be able to experience this surreal feeling!  Some people still have not arrived and so it will be  lovely when everyone is back. Luckily all three of my dormies are here, my third one just arrived. I ran to see her and it is so good that we have our dorm back together again. Some people, particularly the Asians, are suffering from jet-lag. I felt tired last night but I could not use jet-lag from a two hour car journey as an excuse!!
    Luckily I am up-to-date with my work and so have had a very relaxing day. A couple of us went down to the sea front this morning in the wonderful January sunshine. Everyone says it is like Spring.  Nobody believes me when I say we will get more snow!
    Well I have done my best to update you all as soon as I could. Lots of love to you and I enjoyed seeing you all over Christmas. If I did not see you, sorry, and I will look forward to seeing you in the Summer! In the meantime have a very happy and healthy 2011. This time last year I had just found out about AC. So much can happen in a year......!!!