Monday 4 April 2011

Wow!!

Well what an amazing couple of days I've had! Thursday and Friday were taken up with the Interfaith Conference, which was an increbidle privelidge to be a part of. It was incredibly tiring however. I did not go back to my house between 7.30am and 10.15pm on both days. The conference itself was very interesting and unique.I was host to a wonderful Hindu couple and I really enjoyed getting to know them over the two days. I attended talks by Hindus, a Taoist and a Sikh lady. The workshops were only a small part of the day. It also included a Jewish Shabbat supper for the whole school. The dining hall was transformed, with white tableclothes and a top table. It was amazing to see a Muslim family, Sikh lady, Hindu couple, a humanist, a philosopher all eat the meal together, led by a female American Rabbi! All I could think of was "what an incredibly special school I go to"!!
    After those hectic days my Danish dormie and I decided to escape to Cardiff. first of all we fundraised a little for Japan in Llantwit before catching the train to Cardiff. We had a lovely day, chatting, doing a little shopping and eating. We were both very tired but really enjoyed it and were very glad to get out. On Saturday night I met my parents in Llantwit for meal, which was a great way to end the day.  For some reason I didn't sleep that well on Saturday night and so I am still feeling tired now! And then that brings me on to yesterday.....
     I am now Peer Listener for Pentti Kourri House!!!! I am so happy and excited. I was told last night and then it was announced in house meeting. Everybody has been SO kind and congratualted me with some lovely words. There is a female and male Peer Listener in every house and it is their job to look out for people, give advice but to generally be a good, approachable and trustworthy friend. I feel honoured that my houseparent and fellow housemates think I am suitable for this role. We will be professionally trained but I promise to always to my best over the next year, as I would have done anyway. I am so happy!!
   Must go- early lunch before TOK. Love to all.