Thursday 31 March 2011

Emotional days...

8.35am- Morning everyone!  Today is a very strange Thursday as we have Friday codes. This is because we have the Interfaith conference tomorrow, from 9am-9pm. I am so excited!!!
    But, yes, we have a whole day of codes before that. It was also a strange night as all the second years applying to US Unis found out if they have been accepted last night. The hours of anxious waiting came to an end at around 10pm. Sadly, there were many sad faces in my house but others are SO happy right now. I know people going to Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Dartmouth, Brown...... the list goes on.  These include the Ivy League and other brilliant universities. It has been a huge mix of emotions, sadly many distraught faces, but seeing the ones of pure joy is an incredible feeling. I feel privileged to be here in this atmosphere of excitement and expectation.  The stress does not make me want to apply to the US however.....!
     As I said, we have Friday codes today. This means I have double Econ next. This afternoon we have to write a timed Histroy essay in class on Appeasement. I read and made some notes last night and I will make a plan beforehand. This evening all activities are cancelled in preparation for the conference tomorrow. We have people from a large number of religions coming and it is going to be an amazing day. Will go now but will write about it when I get a chance. Love to all.