Tuesday 17 April 2012

More drama...

4.30pm- There was another twist in my hectic and tiring AC day last night. After a long day studying and attending meetings my wonderful Turkish friend cut her hand and fainted in the bathroom. Luckily there were lots of us there as it was bedtime and we managed to catch her. However, it became quite scary as she then had some sort of fit. I left her surrounded by Lifeguards and ran to get our houseparent. My poor friend was taken to hospital and did not come back until 3am. We knew she was OK but it was very scary and many of us were up until late as we could not sleep. She has to return to the hospital soon for further tests but many of us would not be surprised if it was not in some way stress-induced. The levels of stress and anxiety here at the moment are incredible, and many Second Years are pushing themselves very hard- both physically and mentally.
   We had a meeting after supper yesterday entitled- 'Life After AC'. I have never seen so many serious people in one room!! We were given details on the end of term, results day and advice on starting Uni. Although many of us are excited for University, we all realise that it will be very different and that our two years here have almost come to an end. There were also details in the talk on remarks and resits of IB exams- I hope none of us have to go through that. We were told how many AC students find it hard to settle in at Uni at first as we have become used to this incredible place and have had an unique lifestyle for the past two years. We were left to ponder about many things, from the almost imminent examinations to what to do with the rest of our lives....
     After a late night last night, this morning was a continuation of End of Codes. This meant an early start- 6am but I was awoken just after 5am by some poor First Year being taken away! Tonight will be a very early night, and I think I'll need some coffee to make it to check-in!  I just had my last Computer Club Session with my lady, which was very sad. She's been a bit unwell but she has fully recovered now. She hates Goodbyes and so I said I'll pop in to the session next week to say Hello. I'll introduce her to her new First Year partner so that the transition is somewhat smoother for her. I've enjoyed every minute of my sessions this year and am so lucky to have found another friend through Service.
   Should return to my Econ book now. Love to all.