Wednesday 11 April 2012

Something of interest....

I just came across this article on the Guardian website about the French film 'La Haine'. We watched it in our French class earlier this year and I would recommend it to anyone. It is very hard-hitting and I would usually refuse to watch such a violent film but sadly it is an integral part of understanding the lives of the people in it. I think it's very interesting that they're planning to base a community project on it in Tottenham, where the London riots started last year. I just hope that it is the right environment to show such a film and that it will initiate the positive dialogue the organisers are hoping for. I hope that it doesn't in any way act as inspiration for some people who may want to emulate acts seen in the film. I guess we would have to hope that the underlying message of attainable positive change will be seen even by those who are least willing to see it. Here is the link if you're interested:  http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/apr/11/la-haine-screening-broadwater-farm-estate