Sunday 3 October 2010

Weekend!

3pm- The weekend at AC is such a chilled out time, it's amazing! I will run through mine so far- Friday night we had the Welsh-Scot bonding thing where us first years were blindfolded and taken on a tour of the castle. It was good fun. After that I just chilled in PK and had quite an early night. Mum and Dad then came to take me to visit my family yesterday morning. I got up at 9am and had to be ready by 9.30 but I did it. It was lovely to see them all and it was great having Nanny's apple pie!!  Last nigh I relaxed and then watched a couple of movies with some PK people. We all love Dirty Dancing! I didn't get to bed until around 2am so then I slept until 10. I was the last person up in my dorm for the first time ever! I then went to church with Haf, my Welsh neighbour in PK. St.Donat's church is actually on campus and so it is a short walk to the bottom of the valley. The church is so beautiful and the people were wonderfully warm and welcoming. I really enjoyed it and am going to try and go every week. The congregation is a mixture of students and the local community. The atmosphere was lovely and the vicar spoke very well.
    I am in the library computer lab at the moment, taking a break from working. I do not have that much work but I need to get it done. I have a Maths test on Tuesday and so I am revising for that. I also have French work to do that will take me a little longer. I am finding French challenging and am going to start having tutorials with my teacher this week. It is such a big step up from anything I've done before. My teacher is very approachable and so I am going to make sure that I work hard to keep up.
     I had better get back to working now. I will work for a while and then head back to PK. We have supper at 5.30pm and then the US-Canadian National Evening at 7.30pm in the Tythe Barn (Arts Centre). After that we have a house meeting at 9pm in PK. There are house meetings every Sunday and it is here that announcements regarding the house are made and the House Reps report back to the Student Council every week. Had better go now. My break from work has been too long! I am going to check the latest on the Ryder Cup first however! Love to all.