Friday 11 March 2011

A disaster that feels so close

9.45am- I have just had an Econ test and we have a quick break and so I thought I would write a little more on here. However, I have just logged on and read about the huge earthquake off the coast of Japan. Many people here will be affected by this and the tsunami which is happening right now. E mails have been sent around school as there are people here from Japan, Indonesia, the Philippines and other countries which are under threat from the tsunami. It is very sad and also scary for those who know that their countries are in danger at this very moment. This would be terrible news wherever I was, but being here with a Japanese dormie and other friends from the area somehow makes the experience all the more personal and close. I just hope and pray for those affected.