Wednesday 2 March 2011

Almost there...

9.10am- Will be very brief as I am trying to finish all of my work before break. Tomorrow we have the long weekend and we won't be back until Tuesday. I am going home but I know many people are traveling to some very exciting places- Istanbul, Amsterdam, New York, Prague etc. I am looking forward to going home, seeing family and friends, eating and sleeping well! I had my Social service residential home visits yesterday afternoon. I was the only student, as I am the only first year in my group, and the second years all have exams. I thoroughly enjoyed chatting to the elderly people, two of whom were 99 this week and one gentleman who will be 100 on Friday! Yesterday was St.David's Day and so the Welsh contingent in PK cooked for a special Open House. We made leek soup with crusty bread and Welsh cakes and watched Max Boyce on the TV. I think only the Welsh people understood his accent or the humour! The food went down very well however.   I have double free now as TOK has been cancelled for this week. Later I must finish my E Systems practical and then we are cooking as a dorm. We are all going to enjoy the last day before break. Hopefully I will see some of you over the weekend! Love to all.