Wednesday 10 November 2010

Double free!

9.30pm- I am writing this from a computer in the library as I have a double free code now. I have just had Maths Studies, which was good. My plan for an early night last night failed miserably! At check-in I popped down to the day room for a quick glass of milk but stayed there until midnight! I got up at 7am as usual this morning and I actually feel okay. Last night I went with other people in social service to a club for people with learning difficulties. Although I am in Social Service it is not an official part of my service but for others it is. I really enjoyed it however and if there is room on the bus I will go every week. The club plays such an important role in the lives of those people who attend it. There are many different activities on offer within the hall, including darts, crafts,puzzles and dancing at the end. At time it can be challenging as you never know how people will respond to you (if at all). It was so much fun and the people there are all unique and amazing. I can learn so much from them and look forward to getting to know them better.
      My wonderful Turkish PK sister has asked me to mention that today is the Memorial Day in Turkey of Ataturk, the father of her nation. This is a very important day for Turks all around the world. Here at AC I have learnt so much about many countries' national festivals and significant days that I have never fully understood before. It is amazing to listen and see the emotion with which people talk about these occasions, something as a Brit I don't think I have really experienced before. AC- learning about foreign countries and cultures first hand!
    Well I do have some Math work to do so had better go and get it done. After break I have English, French and then E. Systems. I also have a flute lesson and flute ensemble this afternoon. I'm afraid I have not managed to do that much practice but it will be okay. I have to work on an E. Systems presentation this evening, would love to go to a talk on education and also go to French tutorials. I must also call my best friend as it has been too long since I last spoke to him. Hope everyone is doing well. The sun is shining and all is good here. Love to all.