Sunday 27 February 2011

A perfect Sunday

7pm- Good evening everyone!  I have had a lovely weekend. First of all, yesterday morning was the last in this block of training sessions for Dysparity. We met parents of children with various learning difficulties and talked to them about their children, their lives and how they help their children. It was a very educational but also very enjoyable session. I think that this will be my most important commitment at AC- it is incredibly worthwhile and I just hope I can help as much as possible.
    After that I went to Cardiff with my 2 dorm mates. My Sikh dormie took us to the temple and it was a wonderful experience. It was so peaceful, with only us there. We were made to feel so welcome and were given food and tea by a Sikh lady. She was not confident speaking English but it did not matter. She spoke Hindi to my friend and it just proved, to the two of us who couldn't understand Hindi, that language is not essential to understand or communicate with someone.  Words were not necessary for her to welcome us and make us feel comfortable. It was a beautiful experience that I will always remember.
       After visiting the temple we strolled around Cardiff in the sunshine. We went to the library, some shops and enjoyed the sun and being out in the big wide world. In the evening we had a great meal and I used chopsticks! At first I thought I may have to remain hungry but I eventually got the hang of it and have photos as proof! We decided that the most amazing thing was probably all the people we met and chatted to during the day. Everyone - the lady in the temple, guards outside the castle, a preacher in the street and our waiter in the restaurant were all so interesting and kind. I have decided that I just love people!
      Today has been an ideal way to finish the weekend too. I got up at 8am and went to the gym with my Danish dormie. I cycled and rowed and it was a brilliant start to the day. We then went to brunch and did some work after that. This afternoon I went to the new netball activity and thoroughly enjoyed it. It was a great group of girls and we had fun despite deciding that we were neither amazing or fit! We plan to do it every Sunday afternoon. I hope it works out as I had so much fun.
   Well really have to work now. I must go back to PK and finish my Econ coursework and E Systems practical before house meeting at 9pm. Night all.