Thursday 3 February 2011

Hanging in there...

11.15am- Good morning from a lovely sunny day at AC. I am sitting in the library with the sun shining in through the window and looking at the beautiful blue sea outside. Today has been a strange day. I have only had one code.Yesterday I began feeling a little unwell and tired. I slept from lunch until just before supper. It definitely helped as I felt better afterwards. My poor dorm mate and many other people in my house are quite ill. Whole dorms have been struck down with this virus and the medical centre is having to move ill people out to make way for people are even worse. At times like this, it is a shame that AC is such a close community!
      As I said, I have only had one lesson today- History first thing this morning. My English teacher is on a scheduled trip away and my Economics teacher is unwell. I have spent the morning reading and relaxing in the library as I think I am safer here that in a germ-infested house! Even my house parent was unable to do Check-in last night as she is unwell in bed. Last night the vote for the Chair and Secretary of the Student Council was held. We had to rank the candidates in our order of preference. I only voted for 3 candidates for Chair and three for Secretary. I believe that any of those six would be great in their respective positions. We will be given the results in assembly on Monday. 
    Am currently researching about a possible Extended Essay topic. Very interesting. Love to everyone. Hope all is well with you.