Wednesday 15 September 2010

Double break!

10.40am- I have double break now, which is a brilliant time of the week! I had Maths this mornins, which I enjoyed. Maths Studies is no longer so much of a laughing point as people have started dropping from Standard. The jokes didn't bother me as I was happy with what I was doing. I just admire those doing Higher Math and look incredulously at those doing Further!  We are doing some algebra, and it's fun! I can't believe I just wrote that but there we go!   I got up at 7am this morning and had some of my own cereal in the day room. I prefer to take my time and make sure I have everything ready for class at 8am. I also eat healthier when I don't go to the canteen as I don't have the milky porridge and croissants! Muesli and a banana is far better.

 I have already done my maths work and so right now I don't have any homework. I am sure that will change soon however! I have been busy these past few days and so I will try and give a brief update of what I've been up to. On Monday afternoon I had my Social home visit. When we arrived our lady was just about to go into hospital. Therefore we went into Llantwit and did some shopping. I only bought the usual fruit, milk and maybe a small bar of dark fairtrade chocolate (which was on offer so make it two!). I had a group tutorial with Julian in the evening. The four of us are from PK and so we have a nice relaxed chat with him about everything. Monday night I then had my Yoga and Meditation. It really is just meditation from what I can see but it is called Sahaji Yoga. I am slightly unsure of the beliefs behind it as there is a focus on "energy" and "mother earth" but that is also followed by biblical quotes. The teacher said it is suitable for all religions but I am definitely interested in reading more on the background. I found it somewhat eccentric at first but it was very relaxing. I am definitely going to go every week, although I can't see myself ever "feeling the energy" or really believing in that side of it. It was great to just reflect and relax in good company however, regardless of the beliefs behind it. We were also given a great Samosa and ginger tea with honey! There were four of us PK girls there and we all felt refreshed and "floaty" afterwards!
     Yesterday morning I had lessons as usual. Double History is great. We had a debate on the Austria- Hungarian Empire. I also had maths, e. systems and French. In the afternoon I had my Social residential home visit. I am the only first year out of the seven students, all of us are girls.  I really found it so rewarding and I have found a cause that I will follow for life!
     After I got back from service I did some more work and then we had supper. After that I just chilled in the house. I had an early night as I need the sleep. My cold is okay, nothing serious. I just get a slight sore throat and runny nose. Most people seem to be doing far worse at the moment and so I'm grateful!  Well I haven't gone to break as I don't want coffee. I have water in my bag so I had better get on my way to English. I then have French and E Systems. This evening is open house and a Norwegian boy is making waffles. On that happy note I will go! Lots of love to everyone.