Thursday 16 September 2010

Hello!

2pm- Hello everyone! Today has been a strange day. I had History first lesson, which was interesting as usual. After that I was supposed to have double English. All the second years have gone to the Globe Theatre and so has my English teacher. If your teacher is absent here you do not get a lesson. You have free time to do whatever you want. Some people work, others go back to sleep! This morning I went to the library and actually did my English homework in the allocated lesson time. I really enjoy working in the library. I then had my mocha for break and then Econ. was my second and last lesson of the day. After that I had my normal, scheduled double free. I did some revision for Econ. and History and then had an early lunch. The spinach layered pancake was very nice!  I am now just relaxing in the quiet room and will have to do some more work later.
   My dormie Natascha is going back to Denmark today for a couple of days and so I have to say goodbye to her. It will be so strange not seeing her for just a few days as we have been together every day for a month. But as Rina and I lose one dormie, we are gaining another. My fourth dormie from China arrived at Heathrow last night and she will arrive here this afternoon. It will be so good to meet her and we will do everything to make sure she feels welcome. It will be very tough to arrive now, after everyone has settled in but I'm sure she will be okay.
   This evening there is also a screening in the hall of the film "The Age of Stupid", which is apparently similar to Al Gore's "An Inconvenient Truth". Everyone says it is a must see and so all of us first years are going along.
   I had better go now and say bye to Natascha.  Love to everyone.