Friday 10 September 2010

Last day of the week

8.20am- I have first code free and so I am on the computer in the library. We are not allowed to return to the house during the first code. Luckily my cold has not worsened and I only have a sore throat. Plenty of hot drinks and fruit and veg and I'm doing fine. I have just had breakfast down in the dining hall and then I have double Economics at 9.55am. Last night was ultimate frisbe day of Sports week. I went along to support PK but ended up playing every game as there must be 2 girls on the team. At first I had no idea what I was doing! By the end I had mastered a bit of blocking but not much else. I thoroughly enjoyed running around bare-footed on the grass, probably looking a little lost! We were doing really well first of all but then we lost one match and so ended up in the 3rd place play-off, which we won. It was great fun and a lovely thing to do on top lawn overloooking the sea. After that the first years had PSHE with Carol in her house. Every week the houseparent has to talk to us regarding various aspects of health and wellbeing. At check-in we were then given donoughts and hot chocolate. Thursday is supposed to be Open House and so that was it for this week. I know it was late for a donought but they looked so good!
    As a result of Sports Week my Model UN activity was cancelled and will now not begin for another fortnight. I am disappointed but it does give me some extra free time for a couple of weeks. As it is Friday we have codes all day today. It is a strange feeling going back to class after lunch, but I know I prefer it to evening codes, as was the case before.  Tonight the Friday lecture is being given by a former UWC student. I was going to go but I think PK may be going on a house trip together and so I'm not sure if I can go now. After that it is Sosh but I have decided not to go tonight. I don't think I will be a regular at Sosh every week!
     I am now going to go and read yesterday's Guardian. I don't think today's papers have arrived yet. Lots of love and best wishes to all.