Sunday 5 September 2010

Still feeling invigorated!!

7.50pm- I am now going to write the time whenever I write a post as I have realised that the time shown here is wrong and I don't know how to change it!  I am in the library and have just finished off my English homework. We had to write a detailed observation of something and so I did my pen. It was frustratingly difficult and I have no great confidence that what I have done is right. I know that everyone in my class is thinking the same thing and we are all also having problems printing. The teacher asked for it to be done on the computer but the printers in the library haven't been working all day. Not to worry, at least I've done it.
   Tonight was supposed to be the Brit National Evening but it was cancelled earlier today. I assumed that this also meant the Welsh lunch had been cancelled but it went ahead as planned. It was actually really nice to get out to Llantwit and we had a pub lunch outside on wet benches! Only 12 Welshies went but we were glad we did. A couple of us then decided we would do a bit of shopping and walk back. I bought some milk and cereal as it is easier to eat in the house in the mornings. Six of us started to walk back but 3 got picked up in Llantwit and then the remaining three were given a lift by a college worker. It was good to walk 3/4 of the way to Llantiwit and back however!
    I then took a nice hot shower and did some more work. I like taking showers during the day as it is nice and quiet. Whilst on the subject of showers, the other First Years have concluded that we at PK are missing out on the communal aspect!! I can see what they mean but my housemates think I'm crazy! I do like the privacy.   I have had such a strange day, meal wise today. I had Brunch this morning and then I had a baguette for lunch and now I've just had supper. We had roast pork and apple sauce, which I really enjoyed. It was good to have some nice meat.
     It has been fine here for most of the day but now the clouds have gathered and the wind is picking up. I think this is the castle at it's most haunted best! I do have to pinch myself when I look up from the computer and see that I am actually in a castle and can see the sea!  
      As my title for the posts today suggest I have discovered my love for college once again. Yesterday most people went to Cardiff. I planned to stay here and work but then in the morning I rang Mum and Dad and asked if I could see them. Mum was so shocked and actually tried to put me off as she knows the rule about not visiting for a month. I had seen other parents visit and thought that it would really help me to see them. I was right!  Mum and Dad picked me up and then we drove back to see Nanny. I got all emotional when I saw them because I realised just how much I missed them. Before coming here I think I had decided that everything would be amazing, so much so, I had not seriously prepared myself for the huge change that has happened in my life. It was great to talk to people who know you so well and whom you know will always love and support you. Don't get me wrong, there are so many great people here and we all get along as we are all in it together. However, we have only known each other for two weeks and there is no way that it is the same as a relationship of a lifetime. I just enjoyed being at Nanny's, talking and also eating wholemeal bread! It was amazing!   When I came back I felt far more positive and it had done me the world of good to see them all. It also made me remember why I wanted to come here so much and what an incredible place this is. I think when you are immersed in it for a period of time it is possible to feel slightly disorientated as it is so different. I think I have now rediscoverd my spirit!
      Last night was the First Year show, in the Bradenstoke Hall. The Second Years performed in house groups for the First Years. Basically it was making fun of the First Years in every house, with the help of photos of first Sosh etc. Some of it was actually a bit too harsh, I think. Luckily PK's was the best and our Second Years did a little sketch laughing at a couple of the boys but then they sang a song for us. It was very sweet and not at all cruel. I couldn't hear it all and apparently, if you read the lyrics, there are some secrets in there that we're not sure how they knew!  We then went on to second Sosh. I wasn't going to go but then went down and came straight back. It was almost empty. We then went back with some Second Years at the very end and had a bit of a dance. It was nothing like first Sosh on Friday! I can't see myself frequenting Sosh every week, on both nights however!
   I am so excited for tomorrow. I have my codes all morning but then I have my first day of service in the afternoon! I am going to visit a lady in her home with a Second Year. I do not know anything about her but I am so excited to meet her and hope I can add a little to her life.  I have a house meeting at 9pm but before that I have arranged to ring Joe. It will be so good to talk to him and I just hope he realises how much I have talked about my best friend!  Talk to you all soon.