Thursday 2 September 2010

Getting Started

Hello all!
   Now I feel as though school really has started- I have homework! I have to do some research for a presentation in Economics and also write an observation of an item for English. It has to be completed by Monday so I have the weekend to do it. This weekend is going to be a really busy weekend. Tomorrow night is First Sosh. Every weekend there is a disco in the Social Centre run by the students. On Saturday everyone seems to be going to the Gay Pride parade in Cardiff. Saturday night is the first year show and then Sunday lunchtime I have a Brit lunch in preparation for the British National Evening on Sunday night. The Second Years are arranging a meal in Llantwit for some "nationalistic bonding!". Each country of the UK will be doing it's own presentation during the show. It should be fun but I am not yet sure exactly how it will work!   There is also something called work and sleep!
    Today I have had History, double English and then Economics. We have started receiving tasks and, as I said earlier, it now feels like school. It can be a strange feeling, the studying in school and then the social and other aspects of living on campus. I think it will take a while to get used to, but I am getting there and I know I am not alone in feeling that way. In a minute I have to go back to PK and choose which activities I will do as part of the AC Diploma. I think my physical aspect will be yoga and then I would love to work with Save the Children but I fear I have already covered that aspect with my Social Service. I am not sure exactly what I will choose but I will discuss it with Julian.
   Had better go. Love to everyone and I must also say a huge thank you for all the cards. It is so generous of you all and it really does help with the homesickness. Talk soon.