Thursday 9 September 2010

It caught up with me in the end!!

3.20pm - I really did speak too soon when I said yesterday that I had managed to avoid the AC cough and cold. I was fine last night and then as soon as I woke up this morning I had a horrible sore throat. I have made sure I that I eat healthily and have also taken some homeopathic medicine. It means I am a bit less talkative, which is a hard thing at AC! I drank two Mochas at break as it made my throat feel better! I don't drink much coffee but it is nice at break sometimes.
      Today I realised what a beautiful place this is! I had lunch early as I had no Code 6. When I was walking back there was such peace and quiet because most people were still in lessons. The birds were singing, the sun was shining and the sea was a beautiful blue colour. It registered that this is my school, I really am studying in this amazing place!
     I have had good lessons today. First thing was History and we have started the course. We are studying Europe before the outbreak of WWI, and I find it fascinating learning the actual events behind the creation of the Austro-Hungarian Empire and equally the fall of the Ottoman Empire. I now have an understanding of events and names which were familiar but I didn't actually know the whole story behind them. After History I had double English, and we watched the film of the play we are reading. It was a rare occasion when the film actually succeeded in capturing the essence of the text! I do find double codes rather long however.  Luckily for me after break I had Economics. I seem to be learning a lot in Economics and again I now understand some of the terms that I didn't fully understand before. After that I had a double free! It was great. I did some work in the library and then we went down for an early lunch. I finished before code 6 had finished and so I popped back to PK for a shower. I am now in the quiet room and should do some more work in a minute. I only have some English, so it will be fine. I do not really have anything planned then until this evening. We were supposed to have a BBQ with Whitaker but for some reason  it hasn't worked out. We will do it some other time. At 8pm I have my first meeting of Model UN. I am so excited! It is basically a debating forum where you represent the beliefs of different countries. Funnily enough, it is just like the UN! It is the introduction tonight and so I will find out more then.
     Had better get that work done then I will be free later. It is Ultimate Frisbe day of sports week today and I will go and watch that. I am not going to play as it is all so serious and competitive! PK now has 2 points and is no longer last thanks to basketball yesterday!  Lots of love to everyone and once again I must thank you all for the lovely correspondance. I realise I am so lucky to receive all the warm wishes and it does mean a lot. I'd love to reply to everyone but I just can't! I value every one so much however and so a big thank you!!