Tuesday 7 September 2010

Life is good

Hello all!
Well, it has really started getting busy here now. Most lessons we get homework, although nothing too long or serious yet. Yesterday I had my first social service, a home visit to en elderly lady in Llantwit. I accompany a Second Year who has already been visiting her for a year. We arrive and get a shopping list and then walk to do some shopping. Then we go back to her house and make some tea and have a chat. She is not very well and may be going into hospital next week for and operation. I really enjoyed the session however and already feel as though we have a relationship. She wanted to make sure we were going to visit next week, as she enjoyed seeing us.  Last night I was supposed to have yoga and meditation but all activities were cancelled as it is AC sports week. Therefore I spent my evening in the pouring rain watching rugby on the sports field. You could say it was fun! 
    I had lessons this morning. Environmental Systems, double History, French and Maths. I really enjoyed all my lessons and still can't believe that I study in a castle! Have to go now as a Second Year has to work. Talk soon.