Thursday 2 September 2010

Quick word

   Just a quick word while I have some spare time. I am in the quiet room in my house and so it is great to go on the internet. I have had a good day today, and have just been baking muffins in Carol's  (houseparent) kitchen. We have a PSHE meeting in her house tonight. A couple of us had some free time and made chocolate and banana muffins for the meeting. They look really good!
    We had a lecture today from Nick Lush, the Vice Principal, on the code of conduct in the college. Basically, the college is trying to tighten up on alcohol and drugs and so this year there are quite real threats of suspension. I am sure this isn't going to deter people on first Sosh tomorrow however!
      We also had to choose which activities we will do for the AC Diploma. We only do 2 officially but we had to put down 4. For the Diploma we have to cover numerous aspects, including Global Awareness, Environmental Awareness, Physical and Personal Care, and Creativity. Therefore, I have chosen, in order, Yoga and Meditation, Model UN, Climate Change awareness and Ethical Felt and Fashion. The interesting thing is that the tutor for the ethical fashion is Claire Cawte, a textile artist I studied for GCSE. I am not sure if I will get that activity this term but I can always do it at some point in the 2 years.
    Well, I am going to go now to the day room and chill before the meeting in Carol's house at 9.
   Talk soon.